We all know how important our Social Media images are. One picture says it all in a tiny second…And it’s either make it or break it!
And…speaking of ‘image’…Did you know that 40%+ of online marketers, plan to spend over a third of their budget purely on the visual content? 40%…That’s not pennies! And this all on the VISUAL (So think Social Media/your marketing and your website)
So with that in mind, and the fact that I understand TOO WELL the aggravation at searching the web for different Social Media sizes…I decided to put together this handy little 2020 Social Media Image Size Guide.
Which includes the following platforms.
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest.
Another thing – If you don’t have time to read, and would rather have a copy of this Guide, I also created the PDF version, that you can download below.
Still the world’s most popular network, Facebook is becoming more and more visual in character, and increasingly geared for mobile.
As we well know, our attention span is very short on Social Media, so try to keep Facebook videos as short as possible. While the maximum video length is 240 minutes, Facebook recommends keeping them as short as 15 seconds.
Recommended Facebook image sizes for 2020
- Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
- Facebook cover photo size: 820 x 462
- Facebook link image size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook image post size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook event image size: 1920 x 1080
- Facebook video size: 1280 x 720
- Maximum Facebook video length: 240 minutes
- Facebook ad size: 1200 x 628
- Facebook video ad size: 1280 x 720
- Facebook story ad size: 1080 x 1920
- Facebook group cover image size: 1640 x 922
- Facebook messenger image ad size: 1200 x 628
It’s a well-known fact, that Tweets with images get retweeted up to 150% more than Tweets without a picture! Use your pictures/images to their best advantage so that you stand out in a fast-moving news feed!
Recommended Twitter image sizes for 2020
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400
- Twitter header size: 1500 x 500
- Twitter post image size: 1024 x 512
- Twitter card image size: 1200 x 628
- Twitter video size: 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
- Maximum Twitter video length: 140 seconds
- Twitter ad size (image): 800 x 428
- Twitter ad size (video): 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
There’s more to LinkedIn than meets the eye. Use all tools available in Social Media, and make this platform your best friend! Remember, your LinkedIn Profile & posts are an invaluable asset for your online brand. Use it well!
Recommended LinkedIn image sizes for 2020
- LinkedIn profile picture size: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn background photo size: 1584 x 396
- LinkedIn post image size: 1200 x 1200 (desktop) 1200 x 628 (mobile)
- LinkedIn link post size: 1200 x 628
- LinkedIn video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
- Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes
- LinkedIn company logo size: 300 x 300
- LinkedIn cover photo size: 1536 x 768
- LinkedIn dynamic ads size: 100 x 100 (company logo)
- LinkedIn sponsored content image size: 1200 x 627
- LinkedIn hero image size: 1128 x 376
- LinkedIn business banner image: 646 x 220
How to get across all the buzz on YouTube? First and foremost, the resolution and length of your videos are very important… You will also need to pay attention to the following if you want to capture the attention of your audience!
Recommended YouTube image sizes for 2020
- YouTube channel cover picture: 2560 x 1440 pixels (desktop) and 1546 x 423 pixels (smartphones)
- YouTube display ads: 300 x 250
- YouTube overlay ads: 480 x 60
- YouTube companion banner ads: 300 x 250 pixels
- YouTube skippable video ads length: 6 – 20 seconds
- YouTube non-skippable video ads length: 12 seconds to 3 minutes (30 seconds is recommended)
- YouTube Bumper video ads length: 6 seconds
- YouTube Standard video: 1280 x 760 pixels
Without a doubt, Instagram is a strong contender, when it comes to holding the title of ‘authority’ when it comes to ‘visual’ on Social Media! So then yes, be sure to make use of all three orientations available (square, landscape, and portrait) and create your photos accordingly.
As much as we have three different choices re square, landscape & portrait – Most online marketers recommend using the square & vertical formats when posting on Facebook & Instagram. The reason being is simple: Since most people use their phones to access Social Media, using these formats will make the best use of your feed.
Recommended Instagram image sizes for 2020
- Instagram profile picture size: 110 x 110
- Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- Instagram stories size: 1080 x 1920
- Minimum Instagram video sizes: 600 x 600 (square), 600 x 315 (landscape), 600 x 750 (portrait), 600 x 700 (Carousel video dimensions)
- Maximum Instagram video length: 60 seconds
- Minimum Instagram image ad size: 500 pixels wide
- Instagram photo thumbnails: 161 x 161
- Instagram ads size: 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1080 pixels (square)
- Instagram IGTV video size: 1080 x 1920
At the risk of repeating myself, we all know that Pinterest like Instagram is all about visuals.
Make sure that your images are designed on the vertical – as this format platform is designed to fit tall images rather than wide ones.
Recommended Pinterest image sizes for 2020
- Pinterest profile picture: 165 x 165
- Pinterest board display image: 222 x 150
- Pinterest standard pin size: Vertical images 1000 x 1500
- Pinterest video specs: square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 9:16) Length: minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
- Pinterest promoted Video: square (1:1) or widescreen (16:9) Length: minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
- Pinterest promoted carousels: 2-5 images per carousel, aspect ratio: 1:1 or 2:3